BEST FUCKING MADDEN LEAGUE
Welcome To The Best Fucking Madden League, Just Sign Up and Look Around
Welcome To The Best Fucking Madden League, Just Sign Up and Look Around
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Home of The Best Fucking Madden League. We are a no cheezing league that play mostly for fun. Its competetive but not 24/7 madden gamers competetive

HomeBFML MaddenGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--------WEEK 5 SCORES-------- Giants (Slackjawedyocal) 27 vs Raiders 26 ----- Lions (otomicdounut2) 28 vs Steelers 17 ----- Eagles (KDog13) 62 vs Buccaneers (Fritoboy) 21 ----- Panthers (mm1menace) 17 vs Redskins (Burley_27) 0 ----- Falcons (Gridiron38) 17 vs 49ers (augdog78) ----- Cardinals (lions11) 63 vs Texans 3 ----- Seahawks (Basscrate) 49 vs Jaguars 7 ---------WEEK 5 SCORES---------- Sry Didn't Update But Week 5 Starts Friday To Tuesday
Read over Rules, Check Salary Cap Rule, Update Rosters, and Do The New Contract Rule I Implied. WEEK ENDS THURSDAY, So at 12pm Eastern Time (Friday) I Will Sim Remaining Games.

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down. Poll. Guidelines as well.

Go down 

Should users be able to go for it on 4th with lead with the new stipulations?
Yes, I agree with the stipulations and specific situation where user with the lead can for it on 4th
PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_lcap88%PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
Yes, but I would to modify the stipulations for users with the lead going for it on 4th
PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_lcap12%PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
No, users with the lead should not be allowed to go for it on 4th under any circumstance.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_lcap0%PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Papazmurf NYJ

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. Empty
PostSubject: PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down. Poll. Guidelines as well.   PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:13 am

I talked to the commish and put up a post about this in the Rules forums. Commish said to put up a poll and have a vote about it. Here is the stipulations and situation why I am proposing an amendment to the current rules about going for it with the lead.

I propose an amendment to the going for it 4th down rule with the lead.

After
my game today I was in a situation where making the FG was about a 10%
chance, punting would have put them more or less in the same position,
and going for it was best alternative. I was up 7-3 in the third
quarter so this is a close game. I PSN msgd the titans owner and asked
if I could go for it and he said no because I was leading and it's in
the rules. Fair enough, I go for the FG since punting wouldn't have
made much difference, I miss short, his returner gets the ball and BAM
all the sudden he returns it all the way and I'm now trailing 10-7...

In
that situation going for it was the most logical option and in the NFL
I'm sure most coaches would have went for it (it was 4th and 2 on my
opponents 38). Instead I had the worst possible thing happen to me. I
ended up winning this game, but because of our rules (which i know are
for the best, to stop cheezing) I was in a bad situation.

Now Prodigy (my opponent) also got shafted by our 4th down rule as the game was tied in the 4th and I had him on his own 20ish yard area and he had 4th and inches. He could have elected to go for it, ran the clock down and kicked a game winning field goal if he could have gone for it on 4th and inches therefore taking advantage of time of possession with under 3 minutes to go in the game. Instead he had to punt it and I had a decent return and drove for the score leaving him with little time to do much and forcing him into passing the ball, when he could have had a much more productive offense with more time on the clock if he was able to go for it on 4th and inches.

With that here is the
following amendment I propose with stipulations.

With the lead, a user should be able to go for it on 4th down if these requirements are met.
-The user is leading by fewer points than a TD, so 6 points.
-The situation is 4th and short (I.e. 4th and 3 or fewer)
-You have to be on the opp 40
-You cannot be in easy FG range, so anything under the 30.
-Can only do it once per game, or once every other game.
-If leading by 2 points or fewer, users can for it if they are on their own 40.

In a tie game situation same rules apply except
-With under 3 minutes left in the game (maybe 4) users can go for it anywhere on the field and more than once as possesion of the ball is critical in these waning moments as long as it is 4th and 5 or fewer.

So
all in all this is a very remote situation I feel and most of the time
it won't come up. I do feel as if you should be able to do this at any
point in the game in an effort to get a decent lead (i.e. by more than
a possesion). In the NFL fake punts and stuff go down at least every
couple weeks, and a situation where your kicker can't make the kick,
but punting wouldn't change much in your situation coaches do go for it
on 4th. Anyways let me know what you guys think about this.

If
we stay with the old rules, it won't kill me, but I was in a situation
today where kicking on 4th nearly cost me the game and definitely affected my opponents strategy later as well. It shouldn't be
like that, it wouldn't in real life.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. Up_arrow PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down.  Poll.  Guidelines as well. Down_arrow
*Note...we can talk about this but I don't how you guys feel. Do not take this into account with the other vote. In my other league users can go for it if it is 4th and inches under any circumstance. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: Playing with the lead and going for it on 4th down. Poll. Guidelines as well.
Page 1 of 1